Jan 20, 2023 56m
Have you ever used the Python Learn-Eval-Print Loop (REPL) to discover the language and find out about the way it operates? Would it not assist if it offered syntax highlighting, definitions, and code completion and behaved extra like an IDE? This week on the present, Christopher Trudeau is right here, bringing one other batch of PyCoder’s Weekly articles and initiatives.
We focus on the drop-in REPL substitute bpython. bpython enhances the interactivity of a Python REPL session. It’s additionally a strong instructing device for instructors and college students to experiment with and discover Python code.
Christopher shares a current Python Enhancement Proposal (PEP) about formalizing the grammar for f-strings. The PEP describes a discount within the underlying parser code complexity and gives for future options like feedback in multiline f-strings.
We share a number of different articles and initiatives from the Python group, together with a information roundup, a group of surveys to categorise Python digital surroundings workflows, a course about context managers and Python’s
with assertion, a dialogue about microfeatures that we want to see adopted in Python, a Python terminal music participant, and an infinite array powered by AI.
Course Highlight: Context Managers and Python’s
On this video course, you’ll be taught what the Python
with assertion is and methods to use it with present context managers. You’ll additionally learn to create your personal context managers.
- 00:00:00 – Introduction
- 00:02:21 – Pillow 9.4.0 Launched
- 00:02:47 – Django Bugfix Launch: 4.1.5
- 00:02:56 – Plone 6.0 Launched
- 00:03:16 – PyCon Italia 2023
- 00:03:54 – Uncover bpython: A Python REPL With IDE-Like Options
- 00:13:55 – PEP 701: Syntactic Formalization of f-Strings
- 00:17:07 – Sponsor: Inflow Information
- 00:17:57 – Classifying Python Digital Surroundings Workflows
- 00:30:26 – Context Managers and Python’s
- 00:36:32 – Video Course Highlight
- 00:37:47 – Microfeatures I’d Wish to See in Extra Languages
- 00:49:34 – Python Terminal Music Participant
- 00:51:19 – Infinite AI Array
- 00:55:05 – Thanks and goodbye
- Discover bpython: A Python REPL With IDE-Like Features – On this tutorial, you’ll find out about bpython, an alternate Python REPL that brings code recommendations and lots of different IDE-like options to the terminal. When you uncover how a lot bpython can enhance your productiveness, you’ll by no means need to return to utilizing the vanilla Python REPL once more.
- PEP 701: Syntactic Formalization of f-Strings – This Python Enhancement Proposal describes the formalization of a grammar for f-strings, permitting a discount within the underlying parser code complexity and offering future options like feedback in multiline f-strings.
- Classifying Python Virtual Environment Workflows – This text discusses the varied methods of making and managing Python digital environments, together with what sorts of instruments you may use. It categorizes the totally different kinds and describes how the alternatives that you just make have an effect on your workflow.
- Context Managers and Python’s
withStatement – On this video course, you’ll be taught what the Python
withassertion is and methods to use it with present context managers. You’ll additionally learn to create your personal context managers.
- Microfeatures I’d Like to See in More Languages – Some language options are intrinsic to the language. Others are syntactic sugar that different programming languages might simply borrow. This opinion piece from Hillel highlights some options that the mainstream ought to steal from extra obscure languages. Two Python options that he’d prefer to see in additional languages are chained evaluations (
2 <= x < 10) and numbers with separators (1000000 == 1_000_000).
Leave a Reply