JavaFX 19, the most recent iteration of the Java-based wealthy consumer utility platform, has been launched, with enhancements for video and CSS capabilities. The replace additionally fixes quite a lot of touch-screen bugs.
The open supply platform, which works by the slogan, “One Framework to Rule Them All,” might be accessed from Maven Central or gluonhq.com. Introduced September 13, JavaFX 19 extends H.265/HVEC (Excessive Effectivity Video Coding) codec help to HTTP Dwell Streaming.
JavaFX 19 additionally options sooner observable ArrayList creation in FXCollections, and permits customers to replace an obtainable listing of printers without having to restart the applying. Additionally within the launch, help was added for creating derived bindings from ObservableValue with a brand new API within the ObservableValue interface.
Elsewhere in JavaFX 19:
- CSS pseudo-classes :focus-visible and :focus-within have been added to help visible focus indication and nested focus visuals, respectively.
- Modal habits fixes have been made for Stage on the Linux platform.
- Bug fixes associated to the touch screens have been carried out, corresponding to disappearing scroll bars on touch-enabled units and a Scroll Pane edge bounce on Raspberry Pi.
- Dependency upgrades have been made corresponding to upgrading SQLite to model 3.37.2, and Glib to model 2.72.0.
- For safety, higher lengthy buffering is obtainable and WebKit referencing has been improved.
JavaFX grew to become a standalone technology in 2018 after having beforehand been within the Java Improvement Package (JDK). Introduced by Sun Microsystems in May 2007, JavaFX supplies a platform for desktop, cell, and embedded methods constructed on Java. Libraries and software program can be found for the entire lifecycle of an utility.
Copyright © 2022 IDG Communications, Inc.