Jul 22, 2022 54m
How do you begin constructing your mission documentation? What for those who had a device that would do the heavy lifting and mechanically write massive parts straight out of your code? This week on the present, Christopher Trudeau is right here, bringing one other batch of PyCoder’s Weekly articles and initiatives.
We discuss a Actual Python step-by-step mission from Martin Breuss about MkDocs. The mission walks you thru producing nice-looking and trendy documentation from Markdown recordsdata and your present code’s docstrings. The ultimate step is to deploy your freshly generated documentation to a GitHub repository.
Christopher talks a few pair of articles arguing for and in opposition to utilizing Python dictionaries. The primary article, “Simply Use Dictionaries,” pushes to maintain issues easy, whereas the second article, “Don’t Let Dicts Spoil Your Code,” contends that complicated initiatives require one thing extra particular.
We cowl a number of different articles and initiatives from the Python neighborhood, together with discussing the current beta launch of Python 3.11, 2FA for PyPI, procedural music composition with arvo, constructing a tic-tac-toe sport with Python and Tkinter, widespread points encountered whereas coding in Python, a type-safe library to generate SVG recordsdata, and a light-weight static evaluation device on your initiatives.
Course Highlight: Dictionaries and Arrays: Selecting the Ideal Data Structure
On this course, you’ll find out about two of Python’s knowledge constructions: dictionaries and arrays. You’ll take a look at a number of varieties and lessons for each of those and be taught which implementations are greatest on your particular use circumstances.
- 00:00:00 – Introduction
- 00:02:39 – Python 3.11 Launch Could Be Delayed
- 00:03:39 – The cursed launch of Python 3.11.0b4 is now accessible
- 00:05:01 – PyPI 2FA Safety Key Giveaway
- 00:08:01 – Construct Your Python Mission Documentation With MkDocs
- 00:14:12 – Don’t Let Dicts Spoil Your Code
- 00:16:22 – Simply Use Dictionaries
- 00:20:12 – Sponsor: Snyk.io
- 00:20:51 – Procedural Music Composition With arvo
- 00:29:10 – Construct a Tic-Tac-Toe Recreation With Python and Tkinter
- 00:33:59 – Video Course Highlight
- 00:35:35 – Most Widespread Difficulty You Have Coding With Python?
- 00:45:00 – svg.py: Kind-Secure Library to Generate SVG Information
- 00:48:27 – semgrep: Light-weight Static Evaluation for Many Languages
- 00:53:46 – Thanks and goodbye
- Build Your Python Project Documentation With MkDocs – On this tutorial, you’ll learn to construct skilled documentation for a Python package deal utilizing MkDocs and mkdocstrings. These instruments mean you can generate nice-looking and trendy documentation from Markdown recordsdata and, extra importantly, out of your code’s docstrings.
- Don’t Let Dicts Spoil Your Code – The
dictis the go-to knowledge construction for Python programmers, however its unfastened relationship to the info might be problematic in massive knowledge streams. Be taught extra about why and once you would possibly select a unique knowledge construction.
- Just Use Dictionaries – Utilizing easy knowledge constructions is a vital a part of maintaining it easy, and Python is all about simplicity. Much less code means fewer issues. Simply use dictionaries. You most likely don’t want lessons.
- Procedural Music Composition With arvo – By utilizing the
avrolibraries, you possibly can create musical scores programmatically. This text runs you thru which libraries you want and how one can compose your individual music.
- Build a Tic-Tac-Toe Game With Python and Tkinter – On this step-by-step mission, you’ll learn to create a tic-tac-toe sport utilizing Python and the Tkinter GUI framework. Tkinter is cross-platform and is offered within the Python normal library. Making a sport in Python is a superb and enjoyable method to be taught one thing new and thrilling!